CLOSEST TO ONE'S HEART

                       

Far out of reach,I saw birds flying
against the gentle breeze
in an exuberant maneuver
from the windowpane of a train.
Astounded by the aesthetic view
I sunk in Oblivion, to the days bygone
that seems like eons ago
and got etched in the depths of my soul.
Those birds flying in flocks
reminded me of my big-bang gang
with two little guys and four teen girls
forged from the so-called 'destined fate'
As strangers we met, but made a bond
like what stars are for the night sky
Inevitable and incompatible, but one day
it happened like it happens to all bonds.
when the time came for us to say goodbyes
we were torn apart to distant miles
beyond reach and beyond range
we left our hands high and dry.
I know that the time had parted us
but I can't describe how happy I am for those
moments and for those beautiful memories
I had made in the mist of dark and dawn
I know that it's dead and buried
but I accept this as an obvious truth that
'bonds made by heart, beyond the blood made
will always be special and closest to one's heart.
   
           - Theertha P Gayathri

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LOVE,DEVOTION AND ENDURANCE: LIVES WHICH DERIVED THEIR LIFEBLOOD FROM KABIR

EUTIERRIA

Shade