KITE RUNNER


Why I never read? I asked myself. I pondered about it over and over again. But still, I couldn't find an answer.

For that restless girl who would prefer talking 24×7,books were never a fascination. But today, after reading 'Kite Runner'by Khaled Hosseini, she feels sorry for herself, she felt miserable  and prompted to tear herself for not reading all these years.

Was my life meaningless?
Was I really living? Or just existing?
All these thoughts were indeed poking my heart and i really couldn't sleep the night i completed reading this novel.

And even now, i am not fully out of it. I am still there.. There in Afghanistan with Hasan, Sohrab and Amir.
Atleast once, just once, i feel like meeting Hasan, neither to be friend with him nor to talk to him. But simply, atleast for a moment i wish, my eyes could embrace him.

It took three days for me to complete the book, and the only time that i kept it aside was just to cry my heart out. Even after completing, at each glance at the book, i could see Baba, hear Amir and feel Hasan..

Let me be frank, i really don't know how to write what i feel about this book, i am running out of words. And i do conceive that i will never be able to do it ever in my life

 A book that touches on loyalty, betrayal, trauma, guilt and essentially REDEMPTION.
Amir was never redeemed, i believe. But i think the story has a better meaning when you re-valuate redemption. Its a life long process of atoning for your wrongs and leaving the final judgement to God, whether you were redeemed or not.

To all those who really hate to read, "this book is yours".

-Rana Fathima

Comments

  1. Great Work......Keep on Writing๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some books we read and some others we enjoy. But some books reach out and touch your heart. Khaled Hussaini's 'Kite Runner' is definitely one of them. Words aren't enough when it comes to talking about this book. But you said it beautifully; it truly is a life-changing experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely expressed your feeling for reading.it is often said that there is nothing like reading.it is true.reading a good book is a rejuvenating experience for us .it is uplifting for our tired self.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LOVE,DEVOTION AND ENDURANCE: LIVES WHICH DERIVED THEIR LIFEBLOOD FROM KABIR

EUTIERRIA

Shade