My uncle who is three years elder to my mother was getting married while I was in third. As a part of the same, my grandfather decided to build another floor to his house(my home). Rooms were being painted, floors being tiled, Grandmother started planting flowers in the yard, our dogs were moving out, Amma started wearing churidar, Mithu got his cycle, I got a new study table and a geometry box. We were a family of seven back then,our home was never silent, for a long time I thought you only get a room to yourself once you're married. Uncle being the one who is getting married was privileged to move upstairs, his was the only room with an attached bathroom. While he went out during the day to get stuffs for his room, I would sneak in to play in the shower. I would run to Mithu saying "yo, we can make rain inside uncles bathroom". The bathroom we had downstairs was attached to the well, while my mom sat in one corner washing clothes that the marriage brought...
Comments
Post a Comment