THE POWER OF YOU.

I admit that it's been a while since I posted something here. Not just a bit, tomorrow it's going to be a month. Still, Better late than never.  It is after thinking a million times about what to write... I landed upon this bizarre motion. How about writing on something that I hate? Let's raise a toast for the topic - Comparison. 
         A simple 10 letter word that has the potential to irk me to hell! Let me make myself clear. Here, my intention is not to have a writing on finding resemblances amongst one another, but about the odds, one should always look for. It doesn't matter whether u look into yourself for that or in others. It's devastating to infer that majority of us still compare one or the other in any possible way. It all starts from the simplest question ever like ... Why don't you study like him/her.. Why can't you speak English ( or any other language as far as concerned )..again pointing towards a person who has grown up in a different manner his/her entire life? I have come across many people who do compare some.. for the things they are not able to do, instead of appreciating them for what they are. Not that I haven't met any people who admire others for their try rather than just humiliating them, But only a few. If I tell you a few, I mean it! I don't understand what's the point in imitating someone who has nothing to do with you or your way of life? 
      One thing that I keep on thinking is what makes it difficult to embrace one as who they are? Is it that necessary that every one of us should have all the qualities any other person acquires? Your Name is different, your Personality is different, your traits are different. Everything is scarcely similar... Then why only the talent should be the same? The rejoinder is going to be tough than what you ever think of. The only and the perfect quote that I can ever recall and should site here is by THEODORE ROOSEVELT which goes like this 
     " COMPARISON IS THE THIEF OF JOY".
So, if I am ought to give you the one line treatment... It will be:- Stop Comparing yourself with someone who is not you. Embrace yourself. Embrace the joy of being unique.
 
Be yourself. Be You


-Namratha

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

LOVE,DEVOTION AND ENDURANCE: LIVES WHICH DERIVED THEIR LIFEBLOOD FROM KABIR

EUTIERRIA

Shade